Building awareness in the dental community about research activities is a priority for the Faculty. UBC Dentistry's annual Research Day is a yearly forum to highlight the Faculty's current research accomplishments. One of the main goals of the day is to link basic science and clinical applications through a program of presentations. Faculty speak to select topics that are relevant to a clinical case. Research Day has now grown to reach beyond its own constituents to include people from multiple disciplines across the university and the Vancouver area, including undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, staff and private practitioners.
Research Day 2013
Past Research Day topics have covered:
- Biofilm Disease Dynamics: From Understanding to Eradication (2012)
- Dignity and Quality of Life for a Frail Population (2011)
- 3D Imaging for Assessment and Management of the Craniofacial Complex (2010)
- Oral Cancer and Its Early Detection (2009)
- Basic Science of Tissue Destruction & Predictable Esthetic Implant Placement (2008)